Sunday, November 2, 2008

London


I love London!

I didn't always. In November 1988, I arrived in London for the first time. I arrived very late, couldn't get a hold of my friend and spent the night in Euston train station with a lot of homeless people. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Hopped the first train to Scotland the very next morning.

Fast forward. 20 years.

I LOVE LONDON! Every time I visit, I love it more! And the food - YES THE FOOD - is amazing! Sorry, Paris, but I think London is starting to pull ahead of you gastronomically. Some of my best meals in Europe have been in London.

When I was there a few weeks back, we went to a "gastropub." What is a gastropub? Basically it's a pub that serves gourmet food. The gastropub we went to was called The Eagle. The food was so amazing! The menu had several vegetarian options (no veg options in Paris!) and I had the linguine with pesto, potatoes and haricot vert. Yum!

No comments: