Sunday, November 2, 2008

Macarons

I have been to Paris on at least ten different occasions and have ALWAYS turned my nose up at macarons! I mean LOOK at them! They look like those neopolitan-colored sugared wafers. They look stale. They look terrible.

THEY SO ARE NOT!

One of my Paris books mentioned going to Laduree for macarons. So I decided to try. How bad could they be?

NOT BAD! NOT BAD AT ALL! Instead, I found them to be AMAZING!!! Laduree had about 20 different flavors. Fabice and I put a lot of thought into choosing those beautiful little cookies. We opted for: Dark Chocolate (awesome!), Raspberry (nice!), Rose (ick), Saffron (interesting), Salted Caramel (grew on me) Chocolate (not as good as the Dark Chocolate), Mango Lime (hmmmm) and Pistachio (the best of the bunch).

Holding the beautiful pink Laduree box in my hands, we strolled through the gardens at the Luxembourg Palace and sat next to the fountain. It was a rare warm, sunny October day in Paris and we took full advantage. Sitting on two chairs with our feet propped up, we took turns popping those little flavorful bites into our mouths!

I highly recommend a visit to Laduree! And thanks to Williams-Sonoma you can purchase these yummy little things online for less than a plane ticket to Paris!

No comments: